Practical includes all the handy things you need to know. For all the nitty gritty go to Technical.
Win an ET2018 Entry Package
Terms and Conditions found at Competition.
For all events (excluding the Domain Warm Up) there will be allocated start times set out in Eventor closer to the time - see the Schedule for start time windows.
All results for every event will be available on Eventor that night. At the events themselves:
- For the A 3 Days we will use the Olynx results displays. This involves a screen showing elapsed and final times by class.
- For the BOF 3 Days when you finish you will receive a sticker showing your elapsed time which you will need to attach to a hanging block in the results tent.
Bulletins & Guide
Details about ET2018 can be found on this website as well as in event bulletins. Bulletin 1 is out now.
You will get an ET2018 Guide in your registration bag as a keepsake and setting out handy things to know - how and when to get to events, classes and course lengths.
All on-line entrants must register in person BEFORE starting your first event. To find out where and when to register click here.
Walk from Car
The distances to walk from parking at each event to the assembly area, to the start and to the finish will be in the ET2018 Guide and available here closer to the carnival.
- Domain Warm Up: there will be first aid kits on hand but otherwise no medical presence
- The Prologue: there will be first aid kits on hand but otherwise no medical presence
- A 3 Days: for Days 1,2 and 3 St Johns Ambulance volunteers will be in attendance
- BOF 3 Days: there will be first aid kits on hand but otherwise no medical presence
Communal Child Care
In Australia we have very stringent laws on the provision of childcare even by volunteer organisations. We simply can not provide child care. However - we do provide a tent for parents with young children to hang out in and sometimes parents help each other out by looking after each other's kids. This is what we mean by communal child care. If you are looking for a babysitter we can flag this on our Facebook page but it is something you need to arrange privately. Note the Split Start Times Request form when you enter via Eventor.
Food & Drinks
Details of the food and drinks available for purchase at each event will be in the ET2018 Guide and available here closer to the carnival.
There is no mobile phone service on Day 3 of the A3Ds. All other days have coverage, at least through Telstra.
Orienteering Tasmania has a policy of no dogs at orienteering events, even though they may be held in public places where dogs are permitted. Every day of the A 3 Days is on privately owned farming property (sheep) and plantation land (might be baits laid).
The assembly area of each event includes food and drink, toilets, registration, changing area, communal crèche and first aid.