Bulletins contain all the details about the actual orienteering events.
The Updated Version (13 February) of Bulletin 1 is out now. This sets out information needed to enter and make travel plans.
The Final Bulletin is out now.
Limited hard copies will also be available at Registration and distributed with Car Parking Permits.
The Final Bulletin includes:
- Enter on the Day Details
- Directions to Events - an interactive map can also be found at Event Locations
- Registration Times (set out below also)
- Shopping for O Gear
- Event O Tops
- Food at Events
- Course Lengths
- Technical details about Events and additional regulations
- Quarantine for Elites at the Prologue
- Handy information about Events
- MapRun Battery Point & MapRun Bicheno (for details & links to maps: go here)
- Risk Warning, Reminder of Waiver & Safety Information
All entrants must register in person BEFORE starting your first event. Registration is located at every event.
(For precise Event Locations see Final Bulletin)
|Registration Opening Times||Enter on the Day:|
|Course Closure Time|
|Domain Warm Up|
(Domain Athletics Centre)
|3.30 - 8pm||6pm||6.45pm|
(UTAS Sandy Bay)
|10am - 3pm||2pm||Elites 2pm
|Day 1 Australian 3 Days||8.30am - 3pm||11am||3pm|
|Day 2 Australian 3 Days||9am - 3pm||11am||3pm|
|Day 3 Australian 3 Days||9am - 2.30pm||10.30am||2.30pm|
|Day 1 Bay of Fires 3 Days||12 noon - 3.30pm||2.30pm||4.30pm|
|Day 2 Bay of Fires 3 Days||8.30am - 2pm||10.30am||2pm|
|Day 3 Bay of Fires 3 Days||8.30am - 2pm||10.30am||2pm|
Car Parking Permit for Australian 3 Days
A car parking permit is required for the Australian 3 Days. The cost is $10 per vehicle and this covers you for all 3 events. If you purchased this when you entered you can collect your permit at Registration. If you did not buy one, you can purchase a permit at Thursday Registration or at the Prologue Registration (preferred) or upon your arrival at your first event. Either option - Cash Only!
Latest Control Descriptions
All of the areas being used for the Australian 3 Days are embargoed:
- UTAS Sandy Bay Campus (being a sprint map in a public area you are allowed in the area but not for organised events or training).
- All of the current Sandstone Valleys map at Melton Mowbray (for the event this will be renamed Lovelybanks West and Lovelybanks East.
- All of the current Redbanks map and the area immediately north of the current map (the new enlarged area will be called Curryjong Rivulet).
The old map of Sandstone Valleys being used for Days 1 and 2 will be extended to create the two new maps of Lovelybanks West and Lovelybanks East. And whilst Day 3 starts from the old map of Redbanks, most of the area actually extends into previously unmapped terrain.
These maps will be updated to create the three maps of Chiron, Golden Fleece and Lively's Bog:
Opportunities to Train
Orienteering Tasmania holds regular events. We suggest you study the old maps.
ET2018 is being run in accordance with the Orienteering Australia Rules for Foot Orienteering (the Rules). All participants must comply with the Rules.
Of relevance to elite competitors - the IOF Rules for World Ranking events will also apply and will be available here closer to the event.
Unhappy? Keep in mind that ET2018 is being run entirely by volunteers. We are doing our best. To help us do better please go to our Registration Tent or Contact Us.
Australian Team Selections
Participation at the Australian 3 Days is needed for 2018 national team selections. For the nitty gritty click here.